Monday, May 12, 2008

LIFE TAKES A DETOUR

Goodmorning,
It is another "beginning" for my journey. Having found an ad in the 5-4-08 newspaper for a job fair, being held by one company, I attended. Within 45 minutes, a job offer was presented. Now for months, I had sent out resumes with no response and within 45 minutes an offer was extended. I will be working in the healthcare field securing funding for RX for patients. This is a good fit for me.
I have mixed emotions about this detour. I worry that I will not be up to the task physically but I feel good. On the other side, I am bored and will enjoy the stimulation. I have committed myself to a positive attitude and will also monitor myself for signs of over work and resulting fatigue. There is anxiety present - but not necessarily 'bad' anxiety. It is difficult for me to distinguish between excitement and 'bad' anxiety - perhaps there is both.
I am not sure what this leg of my journey is for. The financial rewards will be nice but there is more to this for me. I will be working for the first time, with no other responsibilities ( ie Children). I do not have to give up much, at all, to move into this, so it will be a new experience. Lunch with friends will be limited, but that is OK. Naps, in the afternoon, might become an issue that I will have to consider. Perhaps I napped in boredom - perhaps in physical need. We will see.
I shall look at this as a new and wonderful adventure. I will meet new people and learn more of what makes us tick.
Peace to the world

No comments: